Mankato Group Rides
Bike Shop Group Rides
Nicollet Bike Shop
- Mountain Bike Monday – 6 p.m. at Mt Kato Ski Area
- Find our more. Go>
- A Road Ride- Leaves the shop at 5:30 pm sharp. Intense paced for experienced road riders. 40-60 miles. 21+ mph.
- B Road Ride- Leaves the shop at 5:30 with the A Ride. Once out of town the group breaks off to a more moderate pace ride. 30-40 miles. 17-20 mile average.
- C Road Ride- Leaves the shop at 6 pm. Fitness or road bikes recommended. 15-30 miles. 15-18 mph average. Ride is a mix of paved trails and country roads.
Wednesday: Leave from shop at 6 pm Sunday: Leave from West High parking lot at 10:00 am
Scheels (507-386-7767) – Brandon Knudsvig
Thursday: All rides leave from store at 6:00 pm.
- A Ride-up to 40 miles.
- Beginner Road Ride. 20-30 miles. No drop ride.
- Leisure/Family ride. 10-15 miles.
- A Road Ride – Leaves at 5:30 p.m. sharp. Intense pace for experienced road riders. 40-60 miles. 21+mph.
- B Road Ride – Leaves at 5:30 p.m. sharp with the A Ride. Once out of town the group breaks off to a more moderate pace ride. 30-40 miles. 17-20 mph. This is a “no drop” ride.
IOM Time Trials
Located six miles south of Mankato in Rapidan Township at the intersection of County Roads 9 & 33 – map
Contact: Mike Busch – firstname.lastname@example.org or Mankato Multisport Club Calendar
Registration: 6:15 to 6:45 p.m. First rider starts: 7 p.m.
Course: 10K (6.2 miles) clock-wise loop.
Events are free, riders start at 30 second intervals beginning at 7 p.m.Categories: Any ability, any age, on any bicycle. Time trialing is an ideal introduction to competitive cycling. It’s just you and your bike against a stopwatch.
Mountain Biking Trail Maintenance and Riding Days
Kiwanis Recreation Area
- 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month – Trail maintenance. No experience needed!
- 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month – Riding the trails. All ability levels and ages are welcome. Begins in May and is weather dependent.
Visit www.mankatoareamountainbikers.org for more information.
Mankato Multi-Sport Club
Posts a calendar of rides.
Mankato Area Mountain Bikers (MAMBA)
Meet others who like mountain biking.
Mankato Area BMX
Check web site for schedule of races and practices.