Vikings Training CampVisit Mankato
Vikings Training Camp in Mankato
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Dates: July 28—August 9
There’s always fun to be had when the Minnesota Vikings come to Mankato for training camp each summer, and there’s no reason this summer’s camp will be any exception.
- Enjoy the festivities of the Vikings Village
- Attend the practices and scrimmages at Minnesota State University, Mankato’s Blakeslee Field
- Get autographs signed by Vikings players
- Enjoy activities for youth in the Kids Zone
- Feast on delicious food in the HyVee Food Court
- Relax with a cool beverage from the Miller Lite End Zone Bar
Top 5 Reasons to Come to Mankato During Vikings Training Camp. Go>
Vikings Welcome Event: Thursday, July 28 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. | Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Vikings fans are invited to welcome the Vikings as they arrive to the campus of Minnesota State University, Mankato in front of the Julia A. Sears Residence Community.
- Giveaways for fans
- Music by Hot 96.7 FM
Vikings Tasting: Mankato Style: Friday, July 29 from 5 to 8 p.m. | Front Street, City Center Mankato
- Tickets are $20 for adults and $10 for children (12 & under). Tickets sold at the gate only.
- Vikings Alumni and cheerleaders and Viktor the Viking will be present to hang out with attendees
- Sample food from local restaurants in the heart of downtown on the 500 block of Front Street
- Music by Hot 96.7 FM
- Last year, fans danced with alumni and were treated to an impromptu karaoke session by Esera Tuaolo. Watch his performance here.
Visit Mankato is welcoming the help of 27 volunteers from local non-profits to assist with the Vikings Tasting: Mankato Style event July 29 in exchange for a rare autographed apron. To volunteer or to learn more click here>
Vikings Spirit Contest: Friday, July 28 to Tuesday, August 9
- Deck out the workplace and employees in purple and gold to show Vikings spirit
- The business that bleeds purple and gold the proudest will be awarded Vikings memorabilia from Viktor himself
- Deadline to register is July 29. Enter your business here>
- Prejudging will take place August 1; final judging by Viktor on August 4; winner will be announced August 5
The business that bleeds purple and gold the proudest will be awarded Vikings memorabilia from Viktor himself, as well as a pizza party for up to 20 people at Jake’s Stadium Pizza
2016 Vikings Training Camp Special Events:
-Vikings Women’s Day (Saturday, July 30)
-Vikings Village Movie Night (Thursday, August 4)
-Football and Fireworks (Saturday, August 6)
-Fan Appreciation Day (Monday, August 8)
For all the Special Event details Go>
Pokémon Go at Vikings Training Camp:
- While you are in Mankato, take advantage of Pokémon hunting and training!
- There is a Pokémon Gym right outside Viking’s Village by the MSU, Mankato sign and a PokéStop by the Liberty Bell at the end of the football field.
- All throughout Mankato are more PokéStops and Gyms! Catch ’em all!
- Download a free brochure with exclusive deals and more information. Go>
Click for the 2016 Training Camp Schedule. Go>
Click for the 2016 Vikings Training Camp website. Go>